Two for the Price of One

I was in Wal-mart the other day getting a few things and I saw some fall centerpieces in the craft section. I'm sure if you've been to Wal-mart recently you've seen them. One bunch of flowers in red, orange or yellow in a "pot" that's wrapped in brown paper like poinsettia's at Christmas. It's not often that I like the decor I see there (especially not the artificial flower variety) but these I enjoyed. I didn't enjoy them $7 though. But I found the same flowers loose and decided I liked them $3. I couldn't decide between the purple and the orange so I got both - two for the price of one!

I got them home and scrounged around in my craft stuff to find material for the "pots." I had just finished our oatmeal that morning so I cut the container in half for the bases and tied the textured paper around them with kitchen twine.


The paper is some sort of packing paper that I got 4 years ago. Yes, I had been saving it for 4 years. I was just sure that I would burst with creativity one day and have the perfect mixed media collage project for it. This isn't really what I had in mind but then again I've never been much of a collage artist.

The fabric on the chair in the background is my curtains for the dining room. I just need to get curtain rods but who knows when I'll get around to that.
Next project, paint chip oak leaves.

1 comments:

Suzanne September 24, 2008  

Oooo! I'm glad you finally found some fall decorations. These look great!!