Successfull Fall Decor

I finally made a seasonal banner! I've been wanting to make one for quite a while now, even as far back as spring of last year (I'm pretty sure I blogged about it if you'd like to check the archives). This one is pretty basic and definitely not top quality but as long as you don't scrutinize it I think it looks pretty autumnal and dresses up our kitchen/dining room nicely.

I really don't like decorating for holidays (and Chuck appreciates that) but I do like decorating for the seasons. I think mainly because the seasons don't change here like they do in MN.



I didn't spend anything on the banner as it was stuff I was given at different times. In keeping with the free decorations (and because all the stuff I've seen so far in the stores is rather cheesy looking) I decided to make some out of natural elements. On a few different walks Ruby and I gathered acorns and pretty leaves. Chuck actually put these adorable decorations together while I was sewing the banner. He's so creative. My only addition was the pine cone because I hadn't found the perfect one when he was creating.
We got the ornament hanger at Ikea and I love it because I can use it for all seasons, not just Christmas (although it was in their Christmas displays).

So the grand total for my new fall decor: $4 (for the ornament holder)

 

And don't my little salt/pepper birds look so cute!?



Next I'm going to attempt to make some autumn inspired throw pillows for the couch. I think that would be a nice addition and could go a long way to making our living space look for seasonal. 

How do you decorate for the seasons/holidays?

1 comments:

Lynne November 15, 2009  

Glad you got your machine working! You know how I decorate for Christmas, maybe that's the reason I don't decorate for the seasons - I'm exhausted from the one time!

Can't wait to see what you do with the bed.