Rye Pumpkin Muffins

I was baking in another pregnancy craving stupor - this time for a
party and with bizarre idea that I should add rye flour to baked
goods. Pumpkin baked good specifically.
I, of course, could find no mention of this ever having been done and
documented online so I had to let my baby addled brain do the work. I
should start a rye flour fan club...

Here's the recipe as close as I can remember. I originally halved a
large batch of dough so I could make cookies and muffins but that's
sort of silly so next time I make the muffins this is what I'll do.

Rye Pumpkin Muffins
2 eggs
Up to 1 cup sugar
1 cup (1/2 can) pumpkin purée
1/2 cup butter, room temp.
1/4 cup canola or veggie oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup rye flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
(or mixture of seasonings of your choice)
1/4 tsp salt

Mix dry ingredients. Cream eggs, butter and sugar. Add pumpkin and oil
and mix well. Add wet to dry. It should be thinner than cookie dough
but thicker than pancake batter. I used a small measuring cup to fill
mini muffin cups for the party.

Bake @ 350 degrees F for 8 - 10 min (or so) for mini muffins and 15 -
20 or more for regular size.

I made frosting for mine with marscapone cheese and powdered sugar and
vanilla. They were awesome. And eaten faster than I could get a photo.

Enjoy!

0 comments: